Today Brummy Mummy of 2 AKA Emma Conway shares how she makes money from working with brands. She talks frankly about how much to charge, how to approach companies and exactly what to write in your emails! Very insightful
Brummy Mummy of 2 has built up a loyal and fast growing following and is making money quicker than people who have been blogging for years. Click links below to listen on your phone and do the housework at the same time!
WHEN CAN YOU START WORKING WITH BRANDS?
- Brummy Mummy of 2 started working with brands only 8 months into her blogging journey.
- To show brands your style of reviews – find something in your house and review it! Emma buys a lot of things from primark and then hauls it in a video
- Start by reviewing small products that companies want to send you – you might turn your nose up at reviewing a £1.99 product but you have to start somewhere
HOW TO APPROACH BRANDS
- In Brummy Mummy of 2’s own words she has ‘no shame’ when it comes to contacting brands. Emma regularly contacts different companies asking to blog about anything from make up to even holidays
- Expect A LOT of ‘rejections’ and people not even responding to you – but just keep contacting companies and keep making your blog / youtube channel better and better
- BE POLITE – If a brand wants you to review a £1 product and you don’t want to then politely say you can’t review that specific product but you would still love to work with them and send them your media pack
- PRO TIP – Even if a company don’t want to send you something for free you can still go and make a review of it then send them the link after. Brummy Mummy of 2 always emails the companies links to her blog post or video and sometimes they use it on their own website or social media channels – so great promo for you
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR MEDIA PACK
- Statistics about your blog, social media following on all platforms
- What you write about on your blog / youtube channel
- Highlights – Have you been featured in a magazine, other blogs etc?
- Contact details
NEVER GIVE UP – Emma emailed Merlin for 18 months asking for a Merlin pass for her and her family. She never heard back from them in those 18 months of contacting them regularly, but she continued to send them links to her blogs about her trips to Alton Towers, Cbeebies land etc.
Then one day out of the blue, Merlin emailed her with a free family pass, horray! It just proves you have to KEEP GOING, BE PERSISTENT & keep producing GREAT CONTENT
HOW MUCH TO CHARGE?
- With big companies ask them what their budget is – if they ask you for your budget, go in with a high price then negotiate down if need be
- For one high quality video you could charge £1000 with big brands but this is a rough estimate – there are lots of different factors you need to consider
- With smaller companies who want to send you free stuff that is valued under £25 you could do a ‘monthly favourites’ blog post or video.
- Or you could do a whole video depending on how much you like the product.That’s what lots of youtubers did with my YT CLUB Tripods. Watch their videos below for examples ⬇
- THANK YOU to the fabulous Mumpreneur Emma Conway aka Brummy Mummy of 2
- How to turn your blog into a business – Interview with Tots 100 founder Sally Whittle
- The truth about blogging – Interview with Slummy Single Mummy
- Start making better videos with the YT CLUB Tripod