Want free publicity for your business worth thousands of pounds?
But hold on…only those BIG companies can get featured on TV right?
WRONG – no matter how small your business is, you can get your business featured in the local or national press; whether that be TV, Radio or Print.
That’s why I’m so excited to share with you this episode of the Mum to Millionaire podcast. Shu Richmond, Mum of 2 is a senior, award winning TV producer with over 20 years experience in the media industry. She has worked on some of my favourite programmes including the fabulous This Morning.
Grab yourself a cuppa and join me and Shu in a coffee shop in the heart of London
In this episode you’ll learn
- The indepth and step by step approach to getting your business in the press
- Why your local press are interested in parents just like you
- Why local press is so important
- What is a press release and exactly what do you write in it!?
- How to find out the email address of the editor of a newspaper or TV producer
- What to write in your initial email to a producer or journalist AND how to get noticed
- The real reason why you’ll never hear back from some media people
- Why a strong personal story can be an important factor to get you featured in the press
How to get your business in the press
We go through this in-depth in the podcast but here is the blue print. Don’t forget you can download this episode to your phone and listen on the go – here’s the itunes link http://bit.ly/18DDPZd
1) Online presence – First up you need to make sure your website and social media accounts are up to scratch. Make sure they are really promoting you and your product
2) Write the press release – Keep it concise and include good quality photos
3) Tailor the press release – If you’re sending to your local newspaper you want to emphasis you live and work in the local area
ANOTHER GREAT PODCAST EPISODE ON PR TIPS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
4) Create an excel spreadsheet – Put names, email addresses and notes of everyone you have contacted. Listen to the podcast to find out what I say about Shu in my spreadsheet!
5) Keep in contact – Don’t get disheartened if you don’t hear back from people. Journalists, TV producers and Radio people are extremely busy and they may have skipped past your email if it wasn’t interesting to them at that specific time
- Want even more TV advice from the super lovely Shu Richmond? Check out her fab blog
- Learn how to pitch and win new business – Episode 2 with Martina Dennis
- Response Source – A database of journalists looking to feature businesses and peopl
Being a Women in Business or ‘Mumpreneur’ is so exciting and the local press and national media are crying out for stories and ideas from Mums just like you.
You’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain so give it a go and get yourself in the press
After listening to this podcast if you get your business featured in your local, please write a comment below – I would LOVE to hear from you
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LISTENING
Please click here to subscribe to this podcast and join hundreds of other business Mums just like you.
I will also love you forever if you left me a review too 🙂
The little things like this will help Mum to Millionaire grow and help even more Mums and Dads across the world – yes I am on a mission and I really hope you are too!
If you think this post will help someone you know, don’t forget to share using those icons below.
If we help each other we can ALL build successful businesses and create incredible lives for our children
Be Confident, Be Brave, Be You – Thank you for being part of the Mum to Millionaire journey