#69 Saima Ashraf Inspiring Journey Into Politics: No Home, No Money, No English
Councillor Saima Ashraf is single mum of three and deputy leader of Barking and Dagenham Council in East London. One of her greatest moments in 2017 is that she opened the labour party conference for Jeremy Corbyn.
When Saima first came to Barking & Dagenham, she didn’t know english and very soon lost her home and all the security of a complete family. Her husband abused her, she had no money and was left mentally and emotionally drained.
- How did she overcome the fear of talking in front of a crowd?
- Going through the pain of abandonment – “It’s a very sensitive point of my life. What made me carry on was my children.”
- A big turn in her life – Saima Ashraf started volunteering for the police in the Maritime house.
- Her wonderful journey into politics.
Connect with Saima on Twitter!
SPECIAL OFFER FOR MUM TO MILLIONAIRE PODCAST LISTENERS
Are you sick of watching other people go live on youtube, increase their subscribers and most importantly build a strong, loyal brand?
Guess what, YOU CAN DO IT TOO with my very special Youtube Live course that teaches you how to finally get confident with live video, how to structure a youtube video for maximum impact plus all my lighting and camera tricks
Enrol here 👉 I’M READY TO BOOST MY CONFIDENCE ON YOUTUBE
JOIN THE MUM TO MILLIONAIRE CREW
If this podcast helped you please do the following
(This really would make a HUGE impact on keeping this podcast alive!)
1) Subscribe to the podcast on your phone
2) TWEET & share this episode 💜
3) For daily #MumMotivation follow us on Instagram
THANK YOU so much for your support and remember there is enough success out there for ALL OF US. Stay strong my beautiful Mumpreneur friend, you really can do anything you want. Focus on being happy everyday
Veena V 💜 xx