Catherine Svars Ker left her well paid corporate job to venture into the unknown. This Mum of 2 was a headhunter for 10 years but started a business in an area she had no knowledge of.
Risky? Of course. But Catherine is very savvy and smart. She used her skills from her city job and was very strategic in planning her ideal business that would fit around her two small children.
7 STRATEGIC TIPS FOR STARTING YOUR IDEAL BUSINESS
- REALISATION that your current job & lifestyle isn’t working – Write a list, don’t bring these issues into your new business
- WRITE A LETTER TO YOURSELF – What do you want to have accomplished in 5 years time?
- ESTABLISH YOUR CRITERIA – Use your ‘5 year plan’ to establish what you want your business to look like (e.g if you open a shop it won’t give you flexibility as a Mum. You’ll need to be there to open and close it – think carefully about your own criteria)
- DRAW UP A LIST – Write down all the sensible AND crazy business ideas you could do
- TEST YOUR LIST – Go through every idea and test it out against your criteria
- SHORTLIST – This is VERY important. Go and do work experience at your shortlist of business ideas, i.e at an online brand, in a shop etc so you can establish the REALITY of a business
- CHOSEN IDEA – What idea keeps resonating with you? What will help create your ideal lifestyle
- THANK YOU to the brilliant Catherine Svars Ker – Founder of The Domain Partnership
- YOUTUBE COURSE – Start making videos for your business today
- YT CLUB TRIPOD – Perfect for creating youtube videos and the whole family will love it!