#16 Build a loyal fanbase
Beautiful! Guess what? We’ve gone international!
Please give a warm welcome to our first American Mum (or Mom as our US friends say) Jennifer Berson, Founder of Jeneration PR & Mum of 2 from LA. This year, Jen celebrates her 10th Birthday of being in business – what an incredible achievement.
Lawyer to Entrepreneur – I love her story. She took a risk and left behind a well paid legal career to work for free to prove to companies that she could successfully promote their business. 10 years later and Jen has created a successful PR business around her children.
Get ready for some great strategic tips to build a strong fanbase
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN
- Why you should work for free when you’re starting out
- Why Instagram can be a great tool for your business
- Content creation strategies
- Why it’s a good idea to show your ‘failures’
- That you don’t need to be perfect!
- The power of Google+
- How to plan a content calendar
- How to respond to negative comments and turn it into a great experience for your business
HOW TO BUILD A FANBASE ON INSTAGRAM
Instagram is a great opportunity to give customers a behind the scenes look into your business & be emotionally connected to your brand
- Think of your account as a mini magazine of your business
- Have a similar look & feel with the filters that you use
- Use photo editing tools – many of them free to download as an app on your phone
- In order to build a fanbase you really need to post daily – Max of 3 times per day
- Get involved in hashtags i.e on Mondays use #MotivationalMonday and post a brand appropriate image. This is one I have posted
I LOVE THE EXAMPLE JEN GAVE
If you have a cake business and you burn one of cakes – take a picture and write on it ‘Try, try and try again’ this would work great for the hashtag #MotivationalMonday AND it feeds into your business marketing
HOW TO BUILD A FANBASE
- Always respond to comments – positive and negative
- Comment on social media accounts of other businesses, bloggers and influencers
- Offer customers discounts, giveaways and contests as a reward for following you on social media.
PLEASE REMEMBER THIS WHEN IT COMES TO SOCIAL MEDIA
RE PURPOSE YOUR CONTENT!
Write a blog post then re-use the content on social media. For example, if you’ve written 5 tips – put a tip each day on Instagram, make a image and put it on Pinterest, tweet the different tips
- Jennifer Berson – CEO of Jeneration PR
- Photo editing tool – Snap Seed
- Word Swag – App that creates images for Social Media easily
- Canva – Create beautiful images (my biggest secret!)
THANK YOU so much to Jen for sharing her invaluable tips on how to build a fanbase – I just loved her honesty and I hope you are buzzing full of ideas and inspiration about what you can do on social media.
P.S Did you hear my son knocking on the wall at the end of the podcast!?
Have your children ever popped up when you were working from home or on a skype call? Please share your story in the comments below!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LISTENING
Please click here to subscribe to this podcast on itunes and never miss a show! I will also love you forever if you left me a review too it really helps in the itunes rankings.
The little things like this will support Mum to Millionaire to grow and help even more Mums and Dads across the world – yes I am on a mission and I really hope you are too!
Not got an iphone? You can LISTEN on ANDROID
If you think this post will help someone you know, don’t forget to share using those icons below.
If we help each other we can ALL build successful businesses and create incredible lives for our children
Be Confident, Be Brave, Be You
Thank you for being part of the Mum to Millionaire Journey
Add A Comment